Different dog treats can also be made at home, and these treats are so healthy and delicious that even the pickiest pups can't resist eating.
As dog owners, we try to reward them with the best treats when they show their best behavior. But it is important to know that what we are feeding our dogs as treats.
Here we will discuss some of the homemade dog treats, how they are easier to make, and the recipe for some easy homemade dog treats.
How easy is it to make homemade dog treats?
Homemade dog treats are easy to make because you can make them when you cook for yourself. Making homemade treats is just a very easy option because you only have to buy the ingredients like meat, peanut butter, cheese in bulk just once, and then you can make treats for your dog whenever you want.
Making treats at home not only saves money because the ingredients used in the treats are mostly found in your pantry.
Homemade dog treats are safer
When you buy any commercial treat from the market, there is a list of additives and ingredients written on the back of the treat bag. It may be attractive to most people, but it is not safe for your dog. When you prepare homemade treats on your own, you have more options to choose the ingredients, and you can feed your pet what is really best for him.
All homemade dog treats are free of chemicals and preservatives compared to commercial dog treats. Most veterinarians believe that the chemical used in most commercial treats, food products, or snacks can obstruct good behavior because these chemicals can interact with your dog's brain.
Some of the chemicals used in dog treats have also been found not even to be approved for human consumption, so how can you use them for your dogs?
Homemade dog treats are healthy
Homemade dog treats are very healthy as they are made up of ingredients that are low in fat, low in calories, and naturally healthy. On the other hand, most commercial dog treats are full of saturated fat.
When you feed your dog a low-fat or fat-free homemade treat, you will give your dog a healthier heart and decrease the chance of becoming obese later in life.
Most popular homemade dog treats recipes
There are different dog treats that can be prepared at home. Here are the recipes for the three most popular dog treats
· 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
· 2 cups flour
· 1/4 cup water
· 2 eggs
· Begin the procedure by preheating the oven to 350 F.
· Take a large bowl and mix in the peanut butter, flour, and eggs.
· Mix all the ingredients well and add a little water so that the mixture is so wet that it can be rolled out like a dough.
· Now make cookies in your favorite way.
· Put all the cookies in the oven and cook them for about 15 minutes. If you want the cookies to be a little crunchier, cook them until the bottom is dark.
· 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
· 1 cup flour
· 1/3 cup whole milk
· 1 tablespoon butter
· Take a bowl and put cheese and flour in it. Put a little butter in it and mix it well. Add milk until moistened. Now place it on a lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes.
· Cut those kneaded sheets into slices of any shape and bake for 15 minutes at 350 F. Do not remove the treat immediately; keep it inside until cool down.
· 1 large Banana
· 1 1/2 cups Oatmeal
· 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
· Use a blender and grind the oatmeal until it turns into powder.
· Take a bowl and mix the peanut butter and banana until smooth. Make the dough in such a way that it sticks.
· Take a tablespoon of powdered oatmeal and set it aside for later use.
· Pour the remaining oats into the banana peanut butter mixture and mix well.
· Use the remaining oatmeal powder to sprinkle the surface and roll the dough.
· Cut the dough to the desired shape.
· Now bake them for about 15 minutes.
· You can use these treats for up to a week.
Homemade dog treats are much safer, healthier, and tastier compared to commercial dog treats. You can also make homemade dog treats according to the health status of your dog.